Campus Safety at WKU
Your safety is important to us.
At WKU, the safety and security of our students, faculty and staff is extremely important to us. We have created this website as a place where students, faculty, staff and the community can visit to find resources related to campus safety, security, emergency preparedness and more.
WKU employs a variety of methods to communicate with our internal and external community during an emergency, weather-related event or any time events may cause disruptions in the normal campus routine. These include:
- Emergency text alerts - sign up to receive text alerts
- After you sign up to receive text alerts, you may also wish to download our WKU Emergency Alert contact card on your mobile device. The contact card allows you to quickly add the multiple SMS short codes used by our emergency alerting system, combining them under a single contact so that you can better recognize who they are from, and know that they are from a legitimate source.
- Outdoor warning system (voice alerts and sirens)
- Building warning systems (voice alerts and sirens)
- Mass emails to students, faculty and staff
- WKU News
- Messages posted to the WKU website
- Messages posted to WKU Facebook and on Twitter @wkunews and @wku.
- Local news media
Note: All official communication will originate directly from WKU News or the WKU Police Department. We encourage students to be cautious with where they obtain their information during emergency situations, especially via social media.