When it comes to reducing our environmental impact, we’re focusing on addressing climate change. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions is our top priority. We place special emphasis on sourcing responsibly, operating efficiently, minimizing food waste and reducing packaging.
Green Thread® represents our ongoing commitment to reducing our environmental impact through programs and practices that enrich and support the natural environment.
Through everyday actions, we bring innovative and efficient solutions to life. We are passionately focused on improving our own operations, while offering expertise and practical solutions. But we don't stop there. We measure our impact and hold ourselves accountable to continuously improve.
Check out what we do on campus at WKU:
Want to learn how to 'Dine Green' with Hilltopper Hub's new carryout program?
1. Bring your O2GO container into Hilltopper Hub.
2. Swipe your student ID to use a meal.
- 1 Swipe = 1 Meal, whether you are dining in or taking your meal "to-go"
3. Fill your container with whatever you like, but the lid must be able to close.
4. After your meal, rinse out the O2GO container.
5. At your next visit, return the O2GO container and:
- Get a new O2GO container for your next meal OR
- Receive a key fob to exchange for another reusable 02GO container next time you want your meal to go!
Our purpose is simple - to make a positive impact on people and planet. Our sustainability plan starts with people. People are at the center of everything we do and so we’re focused on equity and wellbeing of our employees and consumers, the people in the communities where we live and work, as well as the people in our supply chain. We also focus on the wellbeing of our planet by minimizing environmental impact across all of our operations, from the foods we serve and facilities we operate to the vehicles we drive. Learn about how our sustainability plan comes to life.